MJM Acoustical Consultants Inc. provides our customers (developpers, contractors, architects, building owners, etc) in Québec and worldwide clear recommendations which can be easily put into place using commonly available materials often distributed by a large number of suppliers.
MJM dedicates 100% of its resources to acoustical consulting and noise control and is totally independent of any supplier or manufacturer of acoustical materials and vibration isolators. This ensures our clients that they benefit from the highest quality consultation and that their interests are not in conflict with our own.
Our recommendations are based on the technical knowledge acquired during our 33 years of existence, through measurements in laboratory or in situ and through many research projects and scientific studies carried out on behalf of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).
• Impose the acoustical consultant as a key member of the professional team (structural, mechanical engineer, architect, etc.) in all the construction, renovation and building development projects.
• Aknowledge the role and competences of the acoustical consultant and promote the application of the best practices in architectural acoustics and noise and vibration control.
• Provide rigorous and easily understandable measurements reports, evaluations and recommendations.
• Provide a fast, rapidly available and cost effective customer service.
• Work as a team and develop our employees technical and social skills as well as their knowledge.
• Innovate in the acoustical instrumentation and procedure and the acoustical simulation software and share with the community to ensure the diffusion in the best practices.
REFLEX is a room acoustics software application developed in 1989 by MJM ACOUSTICAL CONSULTANTS INC. with the help of the department of architecture and mathematics of University of Montréal. With REFLEX one can visualize the spatial distribution of the first reflexions on the boundaries of a room, and reorient automatically surfaces to redirect sound reflexions where they are required…
MJM Acoustical Consultants Inc. offers seminars or conferences to professionals (architects, engineers, etc) and our clients who wish to improve the knowledge about architectural, environmental acoustics and noise and vibration control. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Domtar Acoutical Laboratory was leased and operated by MJM Acoustical Consultants from 1992 until 2006, when the future of the facility became uncertain. In the summer of 2013, under a new owner, the building was demolished. Most of the research papers found on our website were conducted within this facility…
People working for MJM Acoustical Consultants are dedicated to their work and focus only to acoustical consulting and noise control. The key members are listed below:
MJM ACOUSTICAL CONSULTANTS INC. is constantly looking for technical and professional staff. The position available are listed below: